Clattering hoofs bring back old memories

I have not always been this much into fashion. It's just something wich came up when my passion for horses slowely slipped away. It's actually not the passion which slipped away, but after I sold my own horse things would never be the same.

My first real meeting with a horse was at the age of 2. My brother had a horse, and so I joined him to the stables while looking from a corner to those great, muscular animals who he brushed with so much care and love. It was that particular moment when I realised this should be my future... But I had to wait for three more years till I was old enough to join the horse back riding classes.

From that moment I forced my mother to drive me two days a week to the stables. I lived for the moments in the stables: the lessons inside the manege and the scheduled time that I could take care of several horses. This was no interest, no hobby, no after-school activity. It became my passion, my love, a fixation.

And so, at the age of 12, I saved enough money to buy my first horse. I spend most of my time in the stables for six beautiful years. Skipping school to ride, brush and clean the stables. No boys, no nightlife, no passion for fashion. Just my burning passion for horses. And eventhough I wasn't much of a talent in the saddle, I loved to ride outside and enjoy the nature and the horse's repetitive movements underneath me. It was so peaceful. Every moment was well spend.

At the age of 18, after dreaming about and even seriously considering a career as a professional horse back rider, reality kicked in. As mentioned before, I wasn't that much of a talent in the saddle. And I realised that grooming horses was not the thing you could pay the bills with. After dropping out of school, I had to go back. And so I decided to sell my horse (I've always payed for everything, but when you're in school again, you can't do both...). Tears flooded for days. I was heartbroken and devastated. And eventhough we never really broke up, the horses and I, it was the end of a great time. But also the beginning of something new.

I finally graduated and at the age of 21 I became a cabin attendant. Nowadays I can't imagine owning a horse due to the lack of time. But when I joined my best friend yesterday to see and photograph her horse, memories came back. They literally came back. Bringing tears to my eyes when I think of the time where I used to be that girl. But I'm not anymore...

I don't think I want my own horse anymore. But I must admit that going back in time yesterday was such a great thing to do. I've had my time, I've had my change to get back in the saddle a few times over the years. And it was amazing. But it was not the same. Not like it used to...

Sweater: Newlook // Jeans: Only // Shoes: H&M // Scarf: Forever21 // Leather jacket: H&M

Follow The Fashion Moodboard
Fashiable | Nanne said...

Wat een mooie foto's, heel lief ook

www.fashiable.nl

Vanessa V. said...

WOW really beautiful the dog and the horse!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Ahw, wat een treurig verhaal. Altijd jammer wanneer je een passie moet opgeven. Gelukkig heb je er dmv je blog er een voor terug!

Xoxo :)

Unknown said...

Mooie foto's! Vooral die met die kleine katjes zijn lief.

x

www.chicksaboutfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

adorable!!!!


ps. let us know if you would like to follow each other


xoxo

Unknown said...

Lovely photos!

http://ladylond.blogspot.co.uk/

.